8 Mondays January 13-March 2, 2020 6-8pm
South Berkely— address sent to registrants
$600 includes intake session
Early bird rate: $575 if you register by December 20
Payment plans and some sliding scale slots available
*Individual intake session with Pamela is required before joining the group
Growing up with a parent with BPD can be both difficult and isolating. Many children of parents with BPD never experienced the emotional stability, security and support they needed. If you had a parent with BPD or a history of trauma and emotional instability, this group may be especially helpful, particularly if you:
• Want to explore and understand the impact of growing up with a parent with BPD
• Are drawn to persons with histories of trauma or emotional dysregulation
• Find yourself trying to accommodate others, even when it is not in your best interest
• Have difficulty trusting yourself and others
• Are confused about the validity of your needs
• Have difficulty maintaining your personal boundaries
• Long for understanding
• Feel uncomfortable in "your own skin"
Perhaps you’ve tried many ways to heal and still feel stuck. That’s understandable -- healing is a long and complex process. Come be in our circle and experience the support of others whose lives have also been touched by BPD.
This eight week group will incorporate mindfulness, experiential exercises, resource building, interpersonal sharing, as well as other therapeutic practices that support recovery from trauma. Participants will receive mirroring, support, as well as opportunities for integration and connection.